What is Reputation Management?
You are who Google says you are. What does Google and other search engines say about you or your business?
What is online reputation and what does it mean?
There’s been a lot of talk about online reputation and as a small business owner, you may have probably had several internet marketing consultants contact you offering this service. But what exactly is online reputation?
Online Reputation refers to the character, repute, name and standing of your business in the online media. Almost everyday, somebody somewhere on the internet is talking about your business whether it is about your employees, your brands, your services, your events or anything that relates to your business such as the latest happenings in your industry or reviews about your competitor.
There are many online places that people can talk about your business such as:
- Social Media – this includes Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. Anyone can post an update, send a tweet or upload a video on these social media networks
- Blogs- a blogger may write an article about your business or his/her followers may talk about your business in the comments section.
- Review Websites- there are lots of review websites where the public can rate a local business such as Yelp and Google Places.
In light of this, your business has to take measures to monitor and manage your online reputation. Think of online reputation management as the online version of Public Relations. It’s simply managing and improving the public image of your business brand in the online world.
A business’s reputation can be damaged very easily due to:
- the ease at which anyone can post content on the web,
- the speed at which the content can be spread and
- how permanently the content can remain on the web for many years.
With the world increasingly becoming within reach of our fingertips, business owners should not ignore or wish away their online reputation management but take proactive measures that will be a golden investment towards their long-term bottom line and success.
We can help you protect and manage your brands reputation online. We devise effective strategies to protect your brand/name online and bury/remove negative defamation.
How we can help your reputation!
- Maintain a positive publicity
- Personal/commercial help.
- Identify negative publicity
- Bury/Suppress/remove negative press
- Replace slander with positive content
- Monitor negative publicity
- Research – we research negative press online against your name on major search engine. We identify key phrase and negative press
- Planning – Devise a strategy which could be used to remove/reduce negative content. This will you to understand what to expect regarding online reputation management.
- Implementation – We apply the strategy and implement the plan. Working on all major search engines and sites to remove/reduce negative defamation.
- Maintenance – Results are monitored in search engines and analysis are done for improvements or return on investment and results.